1. Participation in the WINS Auction is open to all WINS Members in good standing. If you would like to join WINS, the Membership Application can be found HERE.
2. WINS assumes no responsibility for the accuracy of any item listed in any auction or for the final outcome of any auction transaction. Even so, WINS recommends that all auction transactions be completed within 30 days of auction's close. Transactions not completed within 30 days of auction's close should be reported to the Auction Coordinator.
3. A new Auction will be condcuted four times a year, unless otherwise noted on the Auction page. The auction time is run from the Auction Coordinator's system (automatically updated to GMT) which also corresponds to the clock presented on the auction page. So bid accordingly. Email can be subject to various routing delays so it is wise to place your bids earlier rather than later. Bid updates are made periodically from the auction start until closing, and are prioritized for posting by the auctioneer's system receive time stamp. Auction details and updates are announced on the WINS Trade and WINS Talk Lists.
3a. By bidding in this auction, you agree to abide by these auction rules; and you further agree that the auctioneer has the final say in any question or dispute. The auctioneer may, as he sees fit, bring any question or
dispute to the Board of Directors for discussion before making his final decision.
The auctioneer has the discretion to alter the auction rules for a given auction as long as any alterations are announced on the email lists at least a week in advance of the auctionís start date. Pre-auction alterations may include such things as extending the number of lots that a member may list in an auction; or allowing other types of collectibles to be listed in an auction; or lengthening the auction from the normal 7 days to as many as 14 days.
The auctioneer also has the discretion to alter auction rules during the course of a given auction as long as any alterations are announced on the email lists. Auction-in-progress alterations may include an allowance of
additional items/lots added to the auction by a member who sent auction lots after the start of an auction; or, as requested by a member, a reduction in a noted minimum bid as long as the affected lot currently has no bids; or the withdrawal of a problematic auction lot.
The auctioneer may also extend the closing time of an auction-in-progress as long as the extension is announced on the email lists, and the extension is for a period of 24 hours or more.
To ensure the latest bids are presented, select your browser's
"Reload" or "Ctrl refresh" function to update the auction page.
4. The WINS Auction Coordinator has not personally viewed any of the lots offered and therefore cannot comment on any items. Submit any questions concerning a lot directly to that seller by selecting the seller's name which is also an email hyperlink.
5. A lot's high bid is considered a "purchase contract" and is strictly between the seller and the bid winner. WINS only acts as the contact medium.
6. These Auctions are about Members sharing coins with other members. Bidders should keep in mind that they are dealing with fellow club members and place realistic bids.