Numismatic Coin Club World Internet Numismatic Society
NEWSLETTER - LIBRARY ARCHIVE
HOME | NEWSLETTER | LIBRARY

WINS 2017 ELECTION INFORMATION
Dave Noble, WINS#204, President

The 2017 election process for the 2018-2019 Board of Officers term will begin soon and I would like to bring everyone up to date on the procedure. I know we have new members that were not around for our last election and some long-time members that may not have participated in past elections but wish to do so now.

HOW TO PARTICPATE
We have a rather unique method used in our election nominations and the listing of biographyical data and candidacte platform information. For years we have had private access forum space for club business discussions on CoinTalk.com, graciously provided to the club by its owner, Peter Davis, WINS#8. The procedure requires that members desiring to participate in the elections to either nominate a fellow member or declare their own candidacy do so on the WINS forum area located on CoinTalk. Access is controlled to WINS members only which requires members to register on CoinTalk before they can request access to the WINS business area.

THE WINS BUSINESS AREA OF COIN TALK
New members and those that have not participated in the past should mention in their access request discussed below that they are a WINS member desiring access to the WINS private forum area on Coin Talk.

Then simply contact, via email, a Coin Talk moderator. You will be required to provide him with the following information:

• Your first and last name,
  • Your Coin Talk user name,
  • And your WINS#
Doug will then set your permissions on the WINS private forum area of CoinTalk.

WHEN THE PROCESS WILL START
The election process will begin the third week in October to allow ample time for nominations and autobiography/platform information to be posted. This is just to give you a general idea of how our elections work, I would ask that you all visit our WINS website for specific election rules and related information found at: www.winsociety.org/bylaws.html

I will soon be posting more information on both our Talk and Trade lists, as in the past and in accordance with our Bylaws, ask that you contact the person you may want to place in nomination to verify his or her interest in the position before nomination and please wait until the nominations are opened on CoinTalk.

THE VOTING PROCESS
The election voting will be conducted via email sent privately to JD White, WINS#7, Operations Admin, who will tally the votes and report to the WINS President who will in turn inform the membership of the election results.

More election information will follow on the email lists and on Coin Talk WINS business area soon, but if you have questions please feel free to ask any Board member. I Hope you all enjoy your summer,

Dave Noble, WINS#204
President

TOP OF PAGE

Information contained on this page is posted for WINS Club Members use.
If you have any comments or problems with this or any other Club Site page,
please contact the: Operations Admin.

Copyright © 2000-2017 All Rights Reserved.        Legal Notices