Well, we're into the last month of 2003 and it's hard to believe the year's almost over. It's time to restock the whiteout because the first quarter of each new year finds me writing the incorrect date until my brain finally adjusts.
Previously the Board of Directors passed the following motions:
Board of Directors Motion 2003-01
This motion passed unanimously except for Joe Garbarini who abstained, and the four members were immediately reinstated to the Talk List.
Board of Directors Motion 2003-02
1. No violations of email list rules as currently posted or as may be revised within the probationary period
2. For each new violation of email list rules which occurs within the probationary period, an immediate suspension of eight days from the email lists shall be implemented for the violator**
3. For each new violation of email list rules which occurs within the probationary period, in addition to the immediate suspension of eight days as noted in #2 above, the Board shall also impose an appropriate suspension for the new violation which shall run consecutively to the noted 8 days.
**Admin note: 8 days is the presumed balance of the original suspension which was lifted early.
This motion passed as follows:
Board of Directors Motion 2003-03
This motion passed unanimously. Last month the opening of our checking account was announced, as well the opening of our new PayPal account with a successful transfer of WINS funds. As it turns out, the interest-bearing aspect of the checking account couldn't yet be accomplished as there's a requirement of a minimum of $1000 balance before interest will be paid.
Board of Directors Motion 2003-04
This motion passed unanimously. Last month, Secretary Dave Noble opened aUS Post Office Box (POB) for the club. The new POB is the officialsnail-mail address for WINS. The address is as follows:
WINS, P.O. BOX 220904, St. Louis, MO. 63122
Dave will act as the club's official point of contact for WINS correspondence. Dave has donated the POB cost of $58 for the first year. Thanks a lot, Dave!
Speaking of donations, Vice President Ray Larson has sent two books of first class postage stamps ($14.80 value) to Secretary Dave Noble to be used for official WINS business. Thanks a lot, Ray!
Since the last newsletter was finalized, the Board has passed the following motions which may be of interest to members:
Board of Directors Motion 2003-05
This motion passed unanimously and will ensure the continuation of our email lists.
Board of Directors Motion 2003-06
This motion passed unanimously and will ensure the retention of our domain name for the website.
Board of Directors Motion 2003-07
This motion passed unanimously and will enable the WINS business office to function efficiently.
Board of Directors Motion 2003-08
This motion passed unanimously except for Joe Garbarini who abstained. Very generally, it's was asserted by Board Officers that a positive gesture was in order in the interest of instilling and reinforcing harmony and friendship for ALL within the Society as we set out on our new era.
To date, the Board has had only one official meeting. That meeting pertained to the suspensions of four members which were imposed before the elections. Prior to archiving, those meeting minutes were unanimously approved via Board of Directors Motion 2003-09. With some additional discussion, the Board also approved the following administrative terms for the release of meeting minutes. These terms will be appended to the copy of any meeting minutes which are released to an active member who has made a request for a copy of the minutes.
TERMS Pertaining to Meeting Minutes of the Board of Directors
1. Summaries - Active WINS members who request meeting minutes shall be provided a summary of the minutes for the specific meeting they've requested.
Summaries of meeting minutes remain the property of WINS. They are private and confidential and for the use of Active WINS members only. They may not be shared with, provided to or discussed in any manner with anyone who's not an Active member of WINS.
2. Full Email-Discussions - Active WINS members who request meeting minutes in the full email-discussion version may be provided a copy in that format for the specific meeting they've requested, providing the Board of Directors believes the minutes contain nothing that's compromising or embarrassing to anyone.
Full email-discussion versions of meeting minutes remain the property of WINS. They are private, privileged, and confidential. They may not be shared with, provided to or discussed in any manner with anyone, including other WINS members.
3. When the Board meets on behalf of the membership to discuss issues involving members, the Board must be able to freely discuss all available information. Meeting minutes may therefore be sensitive in that discussions will likely involve personal issues or information that could be construed as compromising or embarrassing. Members are asked to understand this and to realize that confidentiality protects the Society and its members. A violation of these terms undermines the society and the effectiveness of the Board, and subjects the violating member to severe sanctions.
The terms are self-explanatory and for the well-being of the membership.
WINS eighteenth auction will open December 6, 2003 and will run for 7 days. For those who've never participated in the WINS Auction, please consider doing so. JD White has quite a few auction items listed already on the site. Please visit the auction site at: Auction 18. Please also consider donating the proceeds of an auction lot to the WINS Treasury. Many members have already utilized our auction as an opportunity to do so.
Don't forget about the Club Token contest, the notice of which is found at: Contest. The contest runs for about another 2 weeks, until December 17, 2003, 9:00PM MST. The design competition will provide us with the obverse and reverse for our Club Token. It's also hoped that the obverse design, or some combination of submitted designs, will provide us with a permanent WINS Logo. There are two grand prizes and small participation awards. It's rumored that one member has already invested over thirty hours in a single design. Please consider joining in on the fun!
Notice: The Offices of the Board of Directors will be closed on December 25, 2003 and January 1, 2004.
|Information contained on this page is posted for WINS Club Members use,|
All Rights Reserved. If you have any comments or problems with this or
any other Club Site page, please contact the: Webmaster .
Copyright © 2003 All Rights Reserved Legal Notices