DESIGN CRITERIA AND CONTEST RULES
2. Designs must exemplify WINS and its goals of education, guidance and assistance in numismatics and represent WINS in the best possible way.
3. In addition to the designer's artistic features and/or other possible verbiage, each obverse design shall depict:
4. The obverse design may also include the designer's two- or three-letter initials in small inscription.
5. In addition to the designer's artistic features and/or other possible verbiage, each reverse design may depict:
6. Dual sets of designer's initials may be included in obverse or reverse designs based on combined design efforts as noted in the Contest Rules below.
7. If the member feels that the graphic design needs clarification, text may be submitted with the graphic design.
8. Inappropriate designs such as those considered off-topic, offensive or vulgar will not be accepted.
2. A member may submit up to four designs, but not more than two each obverse and reverse designs.
3. An entry may not include copyrighted work.
4. All submitted designs must be graphic representations, either computer assisted or hand drawn.
5. Computer-assisted entries must be submitted individually,
6. Though members are encouraged to submit their entries in computer-generated jpg format, those members who lack the requisite computer software, hardware or graphic ability, or who prefer hand-drawn designs, may submit sketches in hard-copy format via snail mail. Sketches will be converted into digital format for contest display and voting purposes.
7. If a member has a design idea, but lacks artistic ability, that member may request that another member assist him/her in the design effort. If assistance is received, that fact does not need to be revealed unless the assistance constitutes a joint-entry as described below.
8. Two or more members may combine their design efforts. However, since entries are limited to four per member (up to two each obverse and reverse), collaborative designs are counted as entries for each of the submitters. That is, if member A and member B combine efforts and submit an entry, that entry counts as a submission for each of them. Therefore, if a team submits four entries, the individual team members have exhausted the number of entries permitted per person, and they may not submit any individual entries. But, as an example, if a team submits one combined design, then each of the team members may also submit up to three more entries, either individually or jointly, so long as the total number of entries, individual and combined, shall not exceed two obverse and two reverse designs per member.
9. The prizes listed below will be awarded for this contest.
10. Should a joint-entry design be chosen as the obverse or reverse contest winner, it will be up to the members submitting the design to share in the prize. No additional prizes will be offered.
11. To give all members adequate time to create, the contest will run for, and entries will be accepted for, two months; those dates being October 18, 2003, 9:00 PM MST through Saturday, January 10, 2004, 9:00 PM MST. However, no images will be posted until the end of the contest for voting.
12. Entries shall be judged by the WINS membership. Members shall vote for their favorite obverse and reverse designs bearing in mind the design criteria noted above as judging guidelines.
13. By entering the contest all entrants acknowledge, accept and agree that:
2. All members who enter this contest and remain in it will, at the conclusion of the contest, be entered in a drawing for a BU 1986 Silver Eagle in a plastic display case.
MISCELLANEOUS INFORMATION, QUESTIONS AND SUBMISSIONS
* * * * PRIZES * * * *
for best Obverse Design
A 1995-S Silver Washington Quarter
PF 69 Ultra Cameo!
Prize donated by Ray Larson
for best Reverse Design
A 1999-P Proof Susan B. Anthony
NGC PF-69 Ultracam!
Prize donated by Ralph J. Huntzinger
* * * * PARTICIPATION PRIZES * * * *
Every member who participates for the entire contest will receive their choice of either a randomly selected BU 1950s Washington Quarter or a randomly selected BU 1964 Kennedy Half. Participation prizes donated by Ralph J. Huntzinger.
Every member who participates for the entire contest will have their name placed in a hat and |
a single name will be drawn to receive a 1986
Silver Eagle in the plastic case. Participation
prize donated by Ralph J. Huntzinger.
contained on this page is posted for WINS Club Members use.|
If you have any comments or problems with this or any other Club Site page,
please contact the: Operations Admin.
Copyright © 2000-2011 All Rights Reserved. Legal Notices